A website content writer or web content writer is a person who specializes in providing relevant content for websites. Every website has a specific target audience and requires a different type and level of content. Content should contain words (key words) that attract and retain users on a website. Content written specifically for a website should concentrate on a specific topic. It should also be easy to read, offering the information in easy to understand clusters or laid out in bullet points.
Most story pieces are centered on marketing products or services that the website is selling or endorsing, though this is not always the case. Some websites are informational only and do not sell a product or service. In those instances, the content should be geared toward helping to educate the reader while providing them with complex information in a way that is easy to understand and retain.
Functions of content writers
There is a growing demand for skilled web content writers on the internet. This is because quality content often translates into higher revenues for online businesses.
Website owners and managers depend on content writers to perform several major tasks:
- Analyze all the tasks before sending to the content writer, and to give a task regarding promoting for the particular website given for reference URL.
- Check for keywords or generate a keyword and give it to the writers to use in the article, and provide them with the limitations for the keywords.
- Create or edit copy to inform the reader, and to promote or sell the company, product or service described in the website.
- Produce content to entice and engage visitors, so they continue browsing on the current website. This operates on the premise that longer a visitor stays on a particular site, the greater the likelihood they will eventually become clients or customers.
- Produce content that is smart in its use of keywords, or is focused on search engine optimization (SEO). This means the text must contain relevant keywords and phrases that are most likely to be entered by users in web searches associated with the actual site for better search engine indexing and ranking.
- Create content that allows the site visitors to get the information they want quickly and efficiently. Efficient and focused web content gives readers access to information in a user-friendly manner.
- Create unique, useful, and compelling content on a topic primarily for the readers and not just for the search engines.
- Website content writing aims for relevance and search-ability. Relevance means that the website text should be useful and beneficial to readers. Search-ability indicates usage of keywords to help search engines direct users to websites that meet their search criteria.
- There are various ways through which websites come up with article writing and one of them is outsourcing of the content writing but it is riskier than other options.